New Nordic Cuisine had redefined the food culture of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland.
Our own Chef Finn is from Denmark and spent his formative years working in Michelin star rated restaurants including working as Sous Chef for legendary Noma chef, Rene Redzepi.
This menu is inspired by Chef Finn’s Nordic heritage.
"We work with local high quality ingredients to combine good taste in food with contemporary culinary techniques,” says Chef Finn.
Here are some photos of the dishes our Diploma students prepared and served.
1. Tartare of Trevalli on Rye bread with pickled beetroot, sorrel and brown butter siphon.
2. Salmon served with a compote of tomatoes, oil of chervil and crispy onion rings.
3. Pigeon Bay Lamb rump, sous vide with buttermilk foam & beef jus.
4. Salad of raw cabbage, kale with mushroom and pickled red onion dressing
5. Terrine of pork served with Granny Smith apple puree & leek, mustard vinaigrette & tarragon.
6. Guests seated with Franck
Kia ora Neighbours, A contested decision by politicians on the Upper Harbour Local Board to mow down 8,000 native plants and young trees, could bring a hefty bill. Council staff reject that there was a mistake in the planting, and now there could be a big bill. What do you think ?
🏃 Escape busy streets and discover pockets of native bush, coastal views and refreshing green spaces when you tackle these running trails.
If getting fit is on your 2022 'to do' list, join Froot Camp!
Froot Camp is a completely free bootcamp running in Auckland Domain - a great bunch of people who love to have a laugh while they sweat. We train three times a week and every session is different (so you'll never get bored).
Here's what you need to know:
- it's FREE! (Froot Camp = Free Bootcamp!)
- we train at 6pm on Tuesday and Thursday and 9am Saturday
- we meet at the back of the Museum
- all fitness levels are welcome
- all you need to bring is a good attitude and your water bottle
Questions? Ask below!