To the side of East Auckland’s Te Ara ki Uta ki Tai cycleway, nestled in overgrown greenery, is a building that wouldn’t get a second glance if it weren’t for hot pink graffiti.
The house, owned by Auckland Council subsidiary Auckland Transport, was used as a site office by Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency staff working on the $46 million cycleway between Glen Innes to Tāmaki Drive, Auckland Transport spokesman Mark Hannan said.
But locals say the property has been all but destroyed by vandals since the cycleway was completed in 2016.
The property is one of several that have become run down and derelict under the ownership of local government.
Click 'read more' for my full report on publicly owned properties that have fallen out of use.
Citizens Advice Bureau offers help through multiple platforms. Which do you prefer to use?
0% Face to face0% Complete
0% Telephone (0800 number)0% Complete
0% Telephone (to your local branch)0% Complete
0% Email0% Complete
0% Online chat0% Complete
0% Facebook messenger0% Complete
0% Other0% Complete
Members of the community and residents from a Glendowie retirement village have given a heart-warming gift to charity.
Local volunteers and the St Andrew’s Village “Knitting and Nattering” group donated 32 handmade blankets to the charity Give a Kid a blanket.
It took a year of painstaking work to create the coverings.
If a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
• When your loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
• Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
• Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
• Take naps.
• Stretch before rising.
• Run, romp, and play daily.
• Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
• Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
• On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
• On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
• When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
• Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
• Be faithful.
• Never pretend to be something you’re not.
• If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
• When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
That's the secret of happiness that we can learn from a good dog.
( in the photo are my precious fury angels...miss and love them so much)