UPDATE: Auckland's southern motorway closed
UPDATE: The motorway has now re-opened.
--
Traffic on Auckland's southern motorway is gridlocked after a serious head-on collision involving a fleeing driver in a stolen car closed all lanes.
The southern motorway had been closed at the Princes St off-ramp as a result of the crash and detours were being setup, NZTA said.
Motorists are advised to leave the motorway at Princes Street, turn right on Frank Grey Place, right onto Princes St, left at Atkinson St to Great South Rd, left on to East Tamaki Rd, right on to SH1, NZTA said.
NZTA has urged motorists to avoid the area or delay their journey on SH1.
At this stage, it's not clear how long the motorway will remain closed, an NZTA spokesman said.
Read more
Poll: Should the government levy industries that contribute to financial hardship?
As reported in the Post, there’s a $30 million funding gap in financial mentoring. This has led to services closing and mentors stepping in unpaid just to keep helping people in need 🪙💰🪙
One proposed solution? Small levies on industries that profit from financial hardship — like banks, casinos, and similar companies.
So we want to hear what you think:
Should the government ask these industries to contribute?
-
59.3% Yes, supporting people is important!
-
26.2% No, individuals should take responsibility
-
14.5% ... It is complicated
Poll: Should complete designs be shared with the public, or should the community help shape the designs from the start?
The Post recently shared an opinion piece on the Harbour Crossing and why a more democratic approach might be needed 🚗🚲👟
While most decisions sit within the political arena, many organisations—like NZTA—manage long-term projects that go beyond party lines. Politics can sometimes disrupt progress, and the next Harbour Crossing is a big decision that will affect all Aucklanders.
We’d love your thoughts: Should near-complete, shovel-ready designs be shared with the public, or should the community have a hand in shaping the designs from the start?
-
80.4% Community feedback and transparency is needed.
-
19.6% No. This would be impossible in practice.
Easter Extravaganza 2026
🎉 Get Ready for a Hopping Good Time at the Easter Extravaganza! 🐰🥚
Mark your calendars, the Easter Extravaganza 2026 at Howick Historical Village is happening on Sunday, 5 April 2026 from 10:00 am–3:00 pm! 🌼✨
This family‑friendly celebration in beautiful heritage surroundings promises plenty of fun for all ages:
🔎 Trail through historic cottages and gardens to solve clues and WIN a chocolate egg 🍫🐣
🐇 Meet the Easter Bunny and watch how aspiring bunnies are trained by the Easter Fairy in a live show 🎭
🎨 Crafts, face painting, games & races, and even a Bunny Boogie dance‑off to get everyone moving! 💃🐇
🍦 Grab treats from the gelato cart, enjoy a sausage sizzle, and explore the Village Farmers Market next door with artisan food and handmade goodies 🧺🍭
🎟️ Tickets:
• Adult $20
• Child $12
• Under 1 year FREE
Limited door sales - booking recommended!
Loading…