Our diploma students have been studying from home during this extended lockdown and cooking up these delicious dishes from their home kitchen as a part of our module on Edible plants.
Here are some of the photos from they have prepared.
1. Beetroot, radish and onion shells with radicchio and walnut vinaigrette by Bianka
2. Cabbage rolls with goat feta cheese, mushrooms and lemon - served with spinach puree and crisp onion by Emi
3. Beetroot Carpaccio with watercress, pine nuts and pear by Marianne
4. Green pea soup garnished with cream, broccoli florets and croutons by Hiroki
If getting fit is on your 2022 'to do' list, join Froot Camp!
Froot Camp is a completely free bootcamp running in Auckland Domain - a great bunch of people who love to have a laugh while they sweat. We train three times a week and every session is different (so you'll never get bored).
Here's what you need to know:
- it's FREE! (Froot Camp = Free Bootcamp!)
- we train at 6pm on Tuesday and Thursday and 9am Saturday
- we meet at the back of the Museum
- all fitness levels are welcome
- all you need to bring is a good attitude and your water bottle
Questions? Ask below!
Kia ora neighbours, an Auckland man was “shocked” to learn he had failed a breathalyser test due to using hand sanitiser before being pulled over.
Ben Shivas had been driving home from work on Thursday evening when he arrived at a police checkpoint in Herne Bay.
Shivas, 26, was surprised to learn he had failed the roadside test despite not having drunk any alcohol that day.
“It was a bit of a shock, but I knew it had to be an error,” he said. “The officer taking the test questioned me about the result, and when I told her I hadn’t had any alcohol she asked if I’d used hand sanitiser recently.”
Read the full story at the link below.