On the fifth day of Auckland's level 3 lockdown, Director General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield has announced there are no new community cases of Covid-19, while there are six in MIQ.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* There are no new cases in the community on Thursday for the fourth consecutive day.
* There are six border-related cases in MIQ on Thursday.
* Cold water has been poured on the prospect of Auckland leaving lockdown early by Associate Minister of Health Peeni Henare.
* Despite no new cases for three consecutive days, Auckland isn't "out of the woods".
* The Government won’t consider an alert level change until Cabinet meets on Friday.
* Mothers from two households connected to the latest cluster went for a walk. together during the level 3 lockdown in February.
* Auckland is in level 3 until at least this weekend. The rest of the country is at level 2.
www.stuff.co.nz... for more information.
Passenger numbers on a bus between Auckland city and the airport are still down 80 per cent compared to before the Covid-19 pandemic.
Sky Bus was forced to suspend its Auckland City Express and North Harbour Express services in March 2020 following the Government-imposed border restrictions and first Covid-19 lockdown.
The Sky Bus Auckland City Express, which departs downtown Auckland and travels to the airport via the northwestern motorway, resumed in July with a limited timetable.
However, current patronage for the 40-minute service is down 80 per cent compared to before the Covid-19 pandemic, Kinetic head of New Zealand operations Calum Haslop, who manages Sky Bus, said.
Meanwhile, the Sky Bus North Harbour Express service, which was north Aucklanders’ only direct link to the airport, is yet to resume.
Click 'read more' for our full story.
Learn what to do when recycling broken glass. Large chunks are ok, as long as they are from grocery packaging. Always remember when recycling if in doubt, leave it out.
How bizarre....To calm Mexico City's elderly, who were arriving "really scared" at vaccination sites, officials cued up the bands and masked wrestlers. Lucha Libre, yoga, dancing - welcome to Mexico City's vaccination sites