How does one sum up a distinguished career upon being awarded New Zealand's highest royal honour?
“It’s always been this huge adventure,” Dame Anne Salmond says of her career as an anthropologist, environmentalist and multi award-winning author, unable to settle on a particular highlight.
Salmond's work has been recognised with a multitude of awards and honours.
Despite this, Salmond, a resident of Stanley Point, said she was stunned and overwhelmed to receive a letter telling her she had been named a Member of the Order of New Zealand for services to New Zealand in the 2021 New Year Honours.
Alien is only just 1 year old and full of energy! He needs a home that is able to play with him lots! Not allowed outside unsupervised as he has weak back legs and is not very smart so he could get into danger easily. He is a perky sociable boy once he loves you, but he is shy to start out. With consistent love and care and lots of his favourite food he'll be won over for sure. Would be ideal without dogs and small children as he is quick to defend when startled. Other cats in the household should be open to lots of playtime as he enjoys wrestling and chasing possible cat friends.
Please contact me at 0212308277 to ask about a visit with him!
Auckland has moved back to level 3 lockdown.
The rest of the country has moved to alert level 2.
Here's the latest update from Georgia Forrester at Stuff:
* There was undisclosed contact between a family member of case M's and another family during alert level 3, PM Jacinda Ardern has confirmed on Monday.
* One new community case, already in quarantine, was announced on Sunday evening.
* The new confirmed case, Case O, is a household contact of cases I, J, K and L
* Huge queues built up at Auckland-Waikato border on Sunday evening.
* Auckland has moved to alert level 3 for at least seven days.
* The rest of the country has moved to alert level 2. A reminder of what the alert levels mean can be read here.
* Here are the locations of interest visited by infectious cases:
* Travel in and out Auckland is restricted.
For more information, go to:
Have you thought about starting a new and exciting sport this year?
The North Shore Squash Club is launching a beginners programme to help you to get started. It will be free for club members, if you are not a member yet no problem, please come around to know our facilities, affordable membership plans and maybe jump in for your first session.
For queries contact email@example.com or 09 489 4760
We are located in takapuna near to the Hospital.