Hi North Shore neighbours,
Wanting to curl up with a good book during alert level 3?
Check out the NZ Booklovers Awards 2021 shortlist which boasts titles from well-known authors and new writers.
The winner in each category will be announced on March 18 and each winner receives $500.
NZ Booklovers director Karen McMillan said the annual awards received 71 entries and the quality was extremely high.
"The judges were excited to see the variety of books that our talented New Zealand authors have produced,’ she said.
"Our fiction award celebrates the best in storytelling, a book that is wellwritten but where the story is key."
NZ Booklovers Award for Best Adult Fiction Book 2021:
Addressed to Greta by Fiona Sussman, Ephemera by Tina Shaw, For Reasons of Their Own by Chris Stuart, I Wish, I Wish by Zirk van den Berg, The Silence of Snow by Eileen Merriman, Tiny Pieces of Us by Nicky Pellegrino, Victory Park by Rachel Kerr, While the Fantail Lives by Alan Titchall.
NZ Booklovers Award for Best Lifestyle Book 2021:
Aroha by Dr Hinemoa Elder, Landmarks by Owen Marshall, Grahame Sydney and Brian Turner, Shared Kitchen by Julie and Ilaria Biuso, Surf Dreams by Derek Morrison, Two Raw Sisters by Rosa and Margo Flanagan, Wild Kinship by Monique Hemmingson.
NZ Booklovers Award for Best Children’s Book 2021:
Hare & Ruru by Laura Shallcrass, The Hug Blanket by Chris Gurney, illustrated by Lael Chisholm, I am the Universe by Vasanti Unka, The Midnight Adventures of Ruru and Kiwi by Clare Scott, illustrated by Amy Haarhoff, Sharing with Wolf by Melinda Szymanik, illustrated by Nikki Slade Robinson, Tatty Catty by Susannah Whaley, illustrated by Hayley Elliott-Kernot.
This kwila decking is going to be unlifted soon . ANY good to anyone. Maybe for outdoor fire or whatever . Free pm me if interested before it goes in the bin. Cheers diane
Work on constructing the new roundabout at the intersection of Coronation Road and Archers Road begins the night of Friday 16 April, and will continue until 5am Monday 26 April (weather dependent).
During this time, the entire intersection will be closed 24/7 and detours will be in place.
Access will be provided for local residents AND shoppers to the Coronation Road shops.
Footpaths will remain open at all times, however you may need to cross the road at times.
* Coronation Road will be closed from Glenfield Rd/Coronation Rd roundabout (except for shoppers and residents up to 10 and 21 Coronation Road).
* Coronation Road will be closed from Mountbatten Ave (except for residents up to 27 and 22 Coronation Road).
* Archers Road will be closed from Agincourt Street.
Temporary bus stops:
* Bus stop (ID 3958) at 6 Coronation Rd will be closed. Use the temporary bus stop located at 283 Glenfield Rd.
* Bus stop (ID: 3827) at 3 Coronation Rd will be closed. Use the temporary bus stops located at 278 Glenfield Rd or 283 Glenfield Rd.
* Bus stop (ID: 3956) at 66 Coronation Rd (opp Mountbatten Ave) will be closed. Use the temporary bus stop (ID: 3954) at 90 Coronation Rd (opp Lynden Ave).
While the road closures will remain 24/7, physical works will be from 7am to 7pm (with some some night works scheduled).
Does everything in our life need to be brand new? Vintage things have their uniqueness, indeed! You'll find gems from our unique collection of vintage clothing and treasures at Red Cross Wairau Shop!