New Nordic Cuisine had redefined the food culture of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland.
Our own Chef Finn is from Denmark and spent his formative years working in Michelin star rated restaurants including working as Sous Chef for legendary Noma chef, Rene Redzepi.
This menu is inspired by Chef Finn’s Nordic heritage.
"We work with local high quality ingredients to combine good taste in food with contemporary culinary techniques,” says Chef Finn.
Here are some photos of the dishes our Diploma students prepared and served.
1. Tartare of Trevalli on Rye bread with pickled beetroot, sorrel and brown butter siphon.
2. Salmon served with a compote of tomatoes, oil of chervil and crispy onion rings.
3. Pigeon Bay Lamb rump, sous vide with buttermilk foam & beef jus.
4. Salad of raw cabbage, kale with mushroom and pickled red onion dressing
5. Terrine of pork served with Granny Smith apple puree & leek, mustard vinaigrette & tarragon.
6. Guests seated with Franck
Kia ora all, this post is to just bring to your attention that Auckland North Community and Development (ANCAD) is bringing heavily subsidised PD training (mostly online via Zoom) to community groups and organisations. Feel free to read more on our Training site found at www.liift.nz...
Rubbish and recycling collection times may change from 31 Jan to 11 Feb due to public holidays. Check your collection dates and sign up for our holiday text reminders by clicking on Read More.
Kia ora Neighbours, A contested decision by politicians on the Upper Harbour Local Board to mow down 8,000 native plants and young trees, could bring a hefty bill. Council staff reject that there was a mistake in the planting, and now there could be a big bill. What do you think ?