This year's event runs from March 20 - 30th with the theme being 'The Great Plant Swap' as an easy way for neighbourhoods to grow stronger together.
Here's some ideas for ways you could get involved:
• swap seeds with a neighbour
• gift a plant you've grown to a neighbour
• take some flowers to a neighbour
• organise a produce swap
• share garden tips or recipes for food in season
• create community gardens or berm pollinator pathways
• host an inclusive garden-themed working bee
• a friendly neighbourhood BBQ with homegrown ingredients
The options are endless! At the end of the day, our shared aim is to help bring people together by encouraging intentional connection with our neighbours. Whether that be organising a street party, sharing a cuppa, or simply saying ‘Kia Ora!” to those who live around you, every action helps to create a safer and more connected New Zealand.
Gisborne Petanque Trophy Winners!
1. Nona Aston - 14th February
2. Noel Dunn - 14th March
3. Lyn Fitzgerald
Winner of the Day" Trophy
Held every 2nd SUNDAY of the month at KAHUTIA BOWLING CLUB
... STARTS: 2 pm ....
We do have some spare bouls or please bring your own! ...
DON"T MISS OUT! ...
ALL WELCOME! (cofffee & tea provided) or byo refreshments! ....
Congratulations went to Lyn Fitzgerald who is the 3rd person to receive this Trophy for "WINNER OF THE DAY" Tournament 11th April at Kahutia Bowling Club.
Why yes it is, and it's also a man cave, a shed, and a builder/engineer's retirement project. Little wonder Allan Jones' quirky build is a runner-up in the 2021 Resene Shed of the Year competition run by NZ Gardener.