Following several burglaries and car thefts in Nelson and Motueka, Nelson Bays Police are reminding people to be vigilant and secure their properties and valuables.
In most cases, offenders have broken into homes and vehicles that have been left unlocked. Police investigations into the incidents are ongoing and one person has been charged.
- Parking your vehicle in well-lit areas.
- Not leaving valuables or documents with personal information in your vehicle.
- Disabling boats or vehicles so they cannot be moved or towed away.
- Locking all doors and windows.
- Recording the serial numbers of expensive items and photograph these
- Installing an alarm system.
- Keeping hedges or plants around windows and doors well trimmed as burglars can keep well hidden in overgrowth.
The public can get further advice from Police by contact the Police non-emergency line 105.
Save up to 10% off RRP when you subscribe to your local newspaper at mags4gifts.co.nz, and enjoy the convenience of safe delivery straight to your home.
By subscribing, you will also be supporting our journalists across the country who work tirelessly to ensure you remain informed as situations evolve.
Are your houseplants looking worse for wear? The experts at Kings Plant Barn would love to help. Send us your houseplant questions and problems to email@example.com, or leave them in the comments, for the houseplant doctor to diagnose. Pictures are encouraged.