The queenb team support the Government's decision to protect NZer's safety and well-being by imposing a business lockdown from midnight tonight 11.59pm 25th March, for at least four weeks. We are closing our offices and warehouse at 4.30pm today. Our showroom and shop have been closed since the announcement on Monday afternoon. We love our staff and customers and have been/are doing everything we can to keep them safe and well!
We have also been working as hard as possible to dispatch as many current orders as we can before we close this afternoon. Couriers are still considered an "essential service" and once the goods are shipped from our warehouse, they will still be delivered to you, even when we are closed. Please note there may be slight delays.
You will have lots of time at home to get your odd jobs done and renovate! Our website is still active to inspire you, and over this time orders can still be placed online at queenb.co.nz however no orders will be dispatched until we get the all clear to re-open.
We are still available via email for any queries you may have, and while there will be a delay in answering, we will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.
Any existing orders not sent out by COB today will also be dispatched and delivered once the lockdown is finished and we are able to return to work.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will be in touch again once we have returned to operation.
The team at queenb wish you all the best over this time. Stay safe and look after each other.
Remember, we are very lucky to still have power, water and internet!
Keep well, keep safe.
Kia Kaha Aotearoa
The queenb team
Members of the community and residents from a Glendowie retirement village have given a heart-warming gift to charity.
Local volunteers and the St Andrew’s Village “Knitting and Nattering” group donated 32 handmade blankets to the charity Give a Kid a blanket.
It took a year of painstaking work to create the coverings.
Learn what to do when recycling broken glass. Large chunks are ok, as long as they are from grocery packaging. Always remember when recycling if in doubt, leave it out.
If a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
• When your loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
• Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
• Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
• Take naps.
• Stretch before rising.
• Run, romp, and play daily.
• Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
• Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
• On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
• On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
• When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
• Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
• Be faithful.
• Never pretend to be something you’re not.
• If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
• When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
That's the secret of happiness that we can learn from a good dog.
( in the photo are my precious fury angels...miss and love them so much)