Your neighbours could have similar interests to you and Groups are a great way to share this common ground. You can also use Groups to talk about important neighbourhood issues away from the main news feed.
Examples of Groups may be Neighbourhood Watch groups, street groups to connect with your immediate neighbours, sporting or animal interest groups, and social get together groups.
To create a Group using your computer
- Click GROUPS at the top of your Neighbourly notice board
- Click the Create a Group button
- Add the Group name, define the reach of your group (your neighbourhood, regional or NZ-wide), add a description and select who can see your group's posts
- Click SAVE GROUP
To create a Group using the mobile app
- Tap the MENU button at the bottom of your screen
- Tap GROUPS
- Tap the + icon at the top right of your screen
- Add your Group's name and description
- Tap CHOOSE NEIGHBOURHOODS to restrict your group to specific areas. Tap DONE
- If you wish for the group to be private, where it reads 'Is Group Private?' drag the cog to the right and it will become green. Simply leave this untouched to create an open Group
- Tap ADD in the top right corner